Sunday, January 8, 2017

The Old Man

I love Kate Rusby.  And this has been my favorite song lately.  

It's worthy of posting because I love singing it with my kids while we prep dinner.  These are not easy lyrics to recite, much less sing.  So there's a lot of laughing when we completely fail on her quicker lines.    

It's also reflective of our situation right now - with Greg taking on so much of the home life while we balance life and my career.  It's a massive challenge.  The difference, of course, is Greg is no "old man" and always considerate of the demands from both roles.


"He swore by the sun, the moon, the stars, the green leaves on the tree.
If his wife didn't do a days work in her life, she'll not be ruled by he." - Kate Rusby

PS - James is the speckledy hen, Roo and Bubbs are the little pigs.  And Tidy the cow - that's Pretty Girl.

No comments: