Saturday, December 3, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016






When you have 2 birthdays and Thanksgiving all in the same week, dinners can become monstrous affairs compounded into multiple days in a row.  

Early in November, Greg got an email from Tucanos restaurant advertising their Thanksgiving dinner.

And we knew were staying home this year.  No relatives.  No company for dinner.

Why not?

So we cheated.  We killed 3 birds with 1 stone.  And that stone was 9lbs of meat, grilled pineapple, cheesy potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls and pumpkin pie.  

We made nothing ourselves.  Except a salad.    

I felt almost blasphemous.  

We spent the rest of the day watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving, Lord of the Rings, Sesame Street - all while playing lots of Uno, chess, Life, and garbage.  

That night we went to the McCauley's house for leftovers and pie.  Jim and Arlene McCauley are an angel of a couple who invited us over for dinner the first month we moved to Eagle.  They have 6 or 8 (I can't remember) children - all now married with children - and scattered around Idaho and the northwest.  2 of them are in our ward.  So when Christmas cards went out last week, I was not surprised to see "McCauley Family" on at least 3 of the 150 envelopes.   

We were lazy the day after Thanksgiving too - eating more leftovers and sleeping in.  

By Friday night I felt so sluggish I decided I needed to start early training for my next road bike race.   

I haven't started yet.  








No comments: