Monday, December 26, 2016

Greg

Me the week before Christmas.  Stomach flu.  Working late.  Deserted, dark house with wonderful husband and happy children already fleeing south to warmer weather.  Tons and tons of ice mixed with snow.  And then that horrible night the furnace broke. 

I needed Greg.  I really needed Greg.    

This old house is falling down around my ears 
I'm drowning in a river of my tears 
When all my will is gone you hold me sway 
I need you at the dimming of the day 

You pull me like the moon pulls on the tide 
You know just where I keep my better side

I see you on the street and in company
Why don't you come and ease your mind with me
I'm living for the night we steal away
I need you at the dimming of the day 

-Alison Krauss, "The Dimming of the Day"



No comments: