Friday, March 18, 2016

February And March

Some big things are hanging in the balance right now.  But I can't talk about that yet.  

In the meantime, here's a few things we've been doing -

#1 - My excellent father was honored by the Intermountain Foundation for his compassionate work as a surgeon with the newborn ICU.  He wept during his acceptance speech and characteristically Dad - he used a spiritual metaphor - a great river we're all crossing, while carefully bringing these little babies from one side to the other.

I don't know all who were in attendance that night, but I know my grandparents (Dad's parents) were very close and beaming - glowing.  Especially my sweet Grandmother Hazel.  So proud.       



#2 - More playing in the snow - 









#3 - BYU Baseball Games




#4 - Finally, finally warmed up enough to pull Speed off the rack and onto the road...BOOM!!  (I don't think I've ever mentioned the fact that yes, my bike does indeed have a name.  Inspired by Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear.) My latest high is biking to Beastie Boys' Sabotage (edited version) while dreaming about the upcoming Star Trek movie this summer.  I'm a cycling geek.

Just a few more weeks and we're all breaking out the mtn bikes!!!!


#5 - Piano Federation 2016 (they both scored "Excellent" and finally earned their long-awaited-coveted trophy).  

These two boys have been amazing with piano for the past 5 years.  Rarely a single complaint and always willing to get up early to practice before school.  I will miss watching their sleepy step with blankets over their heads while jumbling through a new piece of music in the early AM rush around the kitchen.  The playing of hymns was always my favorite - a beautiful start to the day. 

Thank you Jodi!!





#6 - A quick trip to Boise, Idaho with this handsome man which included a lovely visit with my Uncle Jim and Aunt Darlene Carver - 




#7 - And then some random cuteness, Deacons basketball (never give up!!  Even if the guy you're guarding is 2x your size) baptisms and school activities...





1 comment:

Erin said...

Did Greg have a heart attack when he saw him dancing to N'Sync? 😂