Sunday, January 3, 2016

Dad

Several years ago, my sister-in-law came across a couple bits of paper stuffed into some random book.  The background stories behind these lists have long been forgotten.  I only have vague memories of writing them down and discussing them with my Dad.  But what shocked me most about this discovery was the date at the top.  

These resolutions were written two months after my mom died.

Here's my list -  


And here's my Dad's - 


It's amazing the power that comes from your own parents.  No matter what I struggle with or how exhausted I feel, this little note makes me find strength to go another mile.  To not lose faith.       

"live one more year.  ie get up 365 more times."  

"remember Katie each day."

"learn to put up Rachael's hair better"  

Love my Dad!


No comments: