Saturday, December 5, 2015

Our Garden Story


I have a friend who is crazy like me and works out every morning at 5:00 A.M.  This friend also has explosive vegetable gardens every year.  He asked me last winter if I'd like a few tomato transplants.  I told him I have a black thumb and would probably kill it.  He reassured me I'd be just fine.  

So I thought, what the hey - let's try it. 



A disclaimer.  I know nothing about gardening.  Nothing.

Stupid me.  

So between myself and the troops, a lot of advice and me actually talking to the plants (no joke), our backyard exploded!






It was so super super cool and amazing and mind-blowing!! (it actually worked!)  

Seriously.  Wow!!  Like...this was my favorite part of the summer.  

And the best part - asking my children every evening while making dinner, "Hey honey, can you go pick me a few [insert veggie or fruit] from the garden?"  

Why in the world did I wait so long to start this??

We have big plans for next year.  BIG.  Like potatoes.  And watermelons.  And squash.  And hopefully raspberry transplants from Lea.  And more tomatoes... 

No comments: