Friday, July 10, 2015

30 Something

In honor of my favorite person's birthday - 

I'm generally not a fan of love songs.  But I'm a big fan of Greg.


#1 - Dar Williams, Slippery Slope

"Are we doing it wrong?"  Oh, most definitely.  We'll be lucky if our kids want to speak to us when they're adults (or could it be the other way around??).  

But at least I get to travel down this multi-faceted path of life with my favorite person.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  Thank goodness for his wit and sense of humor.  For all those olive branches.  And that beautiful, beautiful sun.

You're my beacon of light.
You're my noblest fight.
You're the surest of things that I ever have found.



#2 - Nichole Nordeman, We Build

Because Greg can physically build almost anything.  And because this song has absolutely nothing to do with the physical.  It symbolizes the heart.  The faithfulness.  And the thoughtful mind - all of which he has in abundance. 

So if you'll hold the nails,
I'll take the hammer.
I'll hold it still, if you'll climb the ladder.
If you will
Then I will
Build.




No comments: