Sunday, August 3, 2014

Summer 2014, Week 7

#1 - Field Trip - BYU and The Museum of Art

The spotlight exhibit this summer on costume design was stunning!  It was really amazing - and I was expecting just the opposite.  Wow!!  I was esp. shocked when I discovered they were showcasing Marianne's dress from the Emma Thompson version of Sense and Sensibility.  I got a little giddy.






#2 - Science Project - Tea bag rockets (more gas expansion properties)

These were tough for the simple fact that only 2 of the 10 attempts actually took off (see video).  I think the secret is heavier tea bags. 







#3 - Hike - We didn't do a hike this week.  Mom is getting anxious with back to school shopping, organizing and an ongoing list of stuff to do with only 2 weeks left.  Add to that major yard work...

#4 - And then we did a little of this... (Birthday parties, unintentionally matching at baby's blessing, 16yr anniversary and a date-night with Greg (yay!!) and finally.... we made these.  As you can see - they started off conservative - and now they're quite epic in size.  And my kids are STILL playing with them) 









No comments: