Friday, January 6, 2012

#83 of the Bad Mom's List

Have you seen this stuff?


It's primo, liquid chocolate heaven!

My blessed, blessed parents had 3 canisters left over from "neighborhood gifts" and subsequently (as an afterthought) gave one to me and my brothers for Christmas.

They had no idea I'd been secretly salivating every week at Costco as I walked by the display. Deep down I really really really wanted one - but could never justify the price. Really.

And now I hoard it as my own secret stash and I cant let my kids see it! On cold days, I'm pulling out the Great Value hot chocolate tub while hiding the attractive, silver Starbucks canister in the back.

What's that cool-looking can Mom?

"Oh...that? Um...I think it's flour. The wheat kind. The kind you don't like."

Oh, yeah. That was awful. Never make that bread again Mom.

"You got it."

9 comments:

Jen T said...

This is a total normal mom activity--not a bad mom--I always have my secret candy stash or treat or whatever. My dad would never let us kids have the "good" orange juice growing up or the "good" ice cream because he said we didn't appreciate it. Now I appreciate it, but my kids don't, so it's my turn :)

Britt said...

I totally hoard this stuff too. I actually let my kids try it once and they prefer the stuff with the candy cane pieces in it so I no longer worry about losing the precious chocolatey goodness to mouths who taste buds don't know the difference yet!

The Checketts Glue said...

I am a lover of Chocolate....I will have to find this stuff. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Yumm!

KMDuff said...

My parents hid food. I hid food. Especially good chocolate that kids don't appreciate. Think I need to ask for that too!

Kellogg said...

My kids are not aloud to touch my Dove peppermint bark. I am going to have to try the cocoa. You better believe I will tell my kids it is wheat :)

Carleton & Robyn said...

I love hot chocolate. This looks so yummy!! Love the conversation.

Esther Yu Sumner said...

Okay, this is how I got hooked on avocados. I read an article talking about how it's so bad for you, but so good, and it made me want some. I have not seen this canister at Costco though ... (and of course avocados have a lot of nutritional value). Have you broken into yet?

leadatortilla said...

LOL! You crack me up and I'm glad you are having a little drink (slice) of Heaven!! You deserve it!

Unknown said...

Have you tried the dark chocolate cocoa that they make in the K-cups? To die for!