Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Favorite Things

(Beware...low quality cell phone pictures posted below)

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Sound of Music was playing at the Sundance theatre and my handsome date had to cancel.

Fortunately, I had an excellent replacement...


The evening was full of my favorite things.

My brother was a hit with his impromptu "Edelweiss". I couldn't stop smiling when my son & I started singing "Do-Re-Mi" together softly during the play. And I loved watching my father get emotional when Mother Abbess sang "Climb Every Mountain."

And the suckers were delicious.

(except my date insisted on finishing mine after he had already eaten his own)

Thank you Mom & Dad.




4 comments:

Jen T said...

Oh, I love the Sundance theatre! We saw several shows when we lived there--sigh. What a cute date you have!

Britt said...

I love the low quality pic of Spencer! Good times.

leadatortilla said...

I still think I would have been a great date for the event - although the big guy definitely gave you much better photo opps!! I'm so glad you got to go, and I'm jealous!!

Esther Yu Sumner said...

Awh, what a handsome date. :)