Sunday, June 26, 2011

The White Swan

Pretty Girl - sometimes that "little voice" is your mom.

Every girl, young and old, has to face her own reflection
Twirl around, stare it down, what's the mirror gonna say?
"With some luck, you'll measure up.
But you might not hold a candle to the rest.
Is that your best?"
Says the mirror to the mess.

But there's a whisper in the noise
Can you hear a little voice?
And it says..

Has anybody told you, you're beautiful!
You might agree if you could see what I see
Because everything about you is incredible!
You should have seen me smile the day that I made you
Beautiful!
For me.


-Nichole Nordeman, Beautiful For Me-

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it!

leadatortilla said...

Definitely the pretty girl - and looks so grown up with her hair pulled up! so precious.

leadatortilla said...

I made a comment already - but not sure if it worked?1?! Just wanted to say what a pretty, pretty girl - and she looks so grown up with her hair pulled up. I dunno how you're planning to keep those boys away when she gets older!?!?!

Jen T said...

She is beautiful inside and out and our girls need to hear that everyday! Love all your recent posts!