Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm Still Not Used to This

The other evening I came home from driving Our Big Guy to karate class. I came inside the house suddenly feeling 10 pounds lighter, swinging my arms free, dropping my keys carelessly into the bowl, watching Pretty Girl hurry upstairs to get her blanket.

I mentally went through my list.

Greg will be picking up Big Guy in 1 hour.
Sweetie is downstairs watching Ben 10.
Pretty Girl is happy upstairs.

Excellent. We're all good. Maybe I can actually sit down and check email. And a nap is looking really plausible right now. Then it hits me...I'm forgetting something...

The Pirate is still in his car seat. In the car.


He was fine. Mom wasn't.

6 comments:

Jen T said...

Funny! That has happened to us before, but it was Ben's fault :) He had taken all the kids someplace, and when he walked in the 3 girls were with him, and a few minutes later I asked him where Jesse was, um, still in the car looking around happily wondering where in the heck his family was :)

Erin said...

When my friend had her 3rd, they went to the state fair. They remembered to bring all of the kids with them. But, they left their car running for over 3 hours!! The more kids we have the more scatter brained we are.

duff said...

I have a friend whose wife will not let him take their baby anywhere without her or me in the car with him. He has a tendency to walk away from the car and forget things in the back seat. I get to cheat because my kids are so noisy, and when I drive my pickup our littlest is sitting right next to me. Hasn't happened yet, but it will I am very sure.

Natalie said...

I've done the same thing! For months after I had #5, I kept saying outloud "Is everyone here? Am I forgetting something?"

leadatortilla said...

::HUG::

Steph said...

He is such a cutie!