Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Books My Kids Love


Have you seen these books?

They are the Elephant & Piggie series by Mo Willems. And my children adore them. Willems has an impressive history of writing - including several years on Sesame Street in the late 80s and early 90s.

(you know...back when Sesame Street was still brilliant and funny)

My kids love the illustrations and the dialogue. And if you ham up the voices - do a deep voice for the elephant and a high-pitched voice for Piggie - it's quite hilarious.

Lots and lots of laughing.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Thanks for the recommendations! We've been spending a lot of time at the Library and reading books. I'm always on the hunt for something new and different (and by different I mean NOT Dora the Explorer or Junie B Jones :)!

How are you guys doing? We're currently in negotiations (between Steve and I)on a trip out to Utah this summer-hopefully we'll be able to come and also come see you and meet your sweet new little man!

Six-Pack Momma said...

I'll have to check them out. I am so bored of the books we have.

Jen T said...

We love Mo Willems at our house too! lol

leadatortilla said...

I've never seen those books before - so I'll have to check them out when I'm at your house again. We have too many video games, too many TV's, and too many toilets to clean, but NEVER enough books. ;-)

Shannon W. said...

Hi Rachael, I'm Shannon Willden (from MBA school) and I'm the reader in India. I was just introduced to those books a few months ago. Glad to know more people are enjoying them.