Friday, December 3, 2010

What NOT to do Post Partum

I've been fortunate to never have the "baby blues" in abundance. But I'm definitely not completely immune. For those women out there who are headed towards this phase of life, here are my 3 bits of wisdom.

#1 - Put away your Joni Mitchell.

Reasure yourself this is only temporary. But during these initial weeks the bittersweet, poetic lyrics of Ms. Mitchell are not what you'll be wanting to hear. Be especially careful of The Circle Game - (listen below) the chorus will get you every time.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


#2 - Avoid watching early 1980s Mormon commercials. This one gets me every time.




#3 - Try not to contemplate eternal relationships or anything serious. In other words, try not to let your emotions run wild while watching your amazing husband mop floors and clean your bathroom because you cant get out of bed yet...

Keep things light. There will plenty of time for serious introspection and gratitude later.


4 comments:

Jen T said...

Amen. Love the picture of Greg with your little one! Hope you are getting some sleep!

Kellogg said...

Congratulations! So cute...what is his name? Did I miss it somewhere? Stay in bed as long as you can!!!

Lindsay said...

I love his little head leaning so far. We can't wait to meet him!

KMDuff said...

I'm more prone to planning intense exercise programs and trying to start them to early. Or thinking I can immediately resume my entire normal routine after a week or two.