Monday, September 20, 2010

3 Months 3 Goals

I have 3 months left (starting beginning of September) until our Little Pirate arrives and all routine flies out the window for at least one year. So I'm gearing up. I'm determined to be prepared.

Here goes my 3 final goals to be done before Thanksgiving.

GOAL #1 - Finish the quilt.


I bought these square patches at a flee market in Oahu about 7 years ago. This was that delightful time of my life where I didn't have children yet and sadly, I was too ignorant to appreciate it at the time. Anyway, it's been 7 years now... I'm sick of looking at it in my work space.

Progress - Done! Check!! And it is immensely satisfying to watch my children stand in front of a pile of blankets and select the one I made.

GOAL #2 - Catch up with scrapbooking.


This is going to become much worse with 4 kids instead of just 3, hence my goal to be caught up with the existing 3.

Progress - 1/2 done. Big Guy is done. Sweetie is 1/2 done. Pretty Girl is still in very sad shape.

GOAL #3 - Paint the doors in my house.


70% of the doors in my house are in bad shape. I'm sick of looking at them as I pass them each day, hundreds of times. I want them fixed and out of my obsessive compulsive view before Pirate comes.

Progress - Zilch! I haven't even started yet. But plans are quickly forming. A visit to Home Depot or Lowes is very near on the horizon. I should also mention that Greg is most worried about this particular goal. He's very worried about the carpet, the paint job itself, spilling paint on the walls, etc. I'll need to harness my inner painting person (which doesn't exist) in order to prove myself.

LOVELY DISTRACTIONS from ABOVE MENTIONED Goals -

Eating unhealthy food. And lots of it. -



Visiting friends & beautiful fall weather -


And finally -



I really hope I get those doors done...

7 comments:

Heather said...

yeah, good luck with all that. At least you have some idea of what to do and where to start. I don't even know where to begin with the projects I want to do...oh yeah and Mockingjay will seriously thwart any progress!

Jen T said...

You are already 1 1/2 out of 3, so that is good! Love the quilt! Don't worry, Mockingjay will only be like a 2 day distraction. You wouldn't be able to put it down :) Good luck with the doors!

Alison said...

I can paint doors like nobody's business! We'll plop you in a corner with your book and my baby, I'll paint the doors, and then I'll steal your ice cream! See you soon!

Erin said...

If you need help with the doors, let me know. I've got a freakishly steady hand. :)

You really should convert to digital scrapbooking. Once I decide to do mine (years down the road) that's what I'm going to do.

I'm starting Catching Fire. I'll have to catch up quickly so we can have discussions at the next family party.

Natalie said...

Dear Rae: We have a lot in common. Hope you enjoy the icecream. Try the Sticky Toffee Pudding flavor...

Natalie said...

Dear Rae: We have a lot in common. Hope you enjoy the icecream. Try the Sticky Toffee Pudding flavor...

Galo Fab 5 said...

You're doing much better on your #2 goal then I am. I have year one done of my first child. Oh I'm a bad mother. I love reading your blog. You are a one awesome lady!