Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Highlights 2010


This past summer had huge challenges for me. By mid-April, I knew the veins in my legs from Our Little Pirate were already too swollen to ignore. Since then, almost every day I've had to wear these lovely, flesh-colored geriatric-looking compression socks over my legs.

Love these stock photos of them - trying to make them all sleek and attractive.


In reality these things are hideously ugly and HOT (as in temperature hot - not sexy hot). Very, very hot.

And as we moved into July, I slowly realized my body wasn't keeping up with the kids. Pretty much everything that wasn't necessary was dropped and if we went somewhere I couldn't sit down (or lay down), the plans were canceled.

So with a swollen Mom (in more areas than just the belly), three young kids, and a very hot summer - here's our favorite highlights...















And did we mention it's been really hot??


I've never been so excited for fall in all my life! Cooler weather, crunching leaves, pumpkins (and normal legs again) are just around the corner...

6 comments:

Jen T said...

Love all the pictures. So jealous about the BYU football one! Love Pretty girl's red, white, and blue bows! So hope your legs get better! Ugh! Not fun! I am so ready for cooler weather too, but it is still 99 here today. Fall please come quickly!! love ya!

leadatortilla said...

I am very impressed with all the hiking you did this summer - seriously - that takes a lot of effort with three ones and a pirate in the belly!! You are amazing. I had the intention of a hike each week - yeah, it didn't happen. Seriously, you are super-mom with some sexy socks to boot too.

Erin said...

Hang in there. You are doing an AWESOME job. Funny. Cause I was going to see if you wanted to do a small hike with me Friday? Not sure if you'd be up to it but let me know...Secret Lake.

Nicole said...

I love all the pictures. It made me really miss summer in Utah. And can we just plan on an arranged marriage for your Pretty Girl and Bubba? I think it would work out great for everyone all around!

Malina said...

I've had my super sexy compression socks since pregnancy #2. Luckily the need goes away as soon as baby comes out. I have pretty much avoided wearing them even when I needed to this time around because I hate them so much. Looks like y'all did lots of fun things this summer even if it was a slower pace. :)

Steph said...

Looks like you had a great summer! We were hoping to catch up with you and your family when we came out to Utah but unfortunately we weren't able to make it work. Hopefully next year. We think of your family often. I hope you are feeling well these days. Your little pirate will be here before you know it. I can't wait to hear about the big day.