Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Days of School


I look forward to this day almost from the first week of summer. I look forward to the blessed few hours of quiet time in my home. Shopping trips become a breeze with fewer distractions. Complex projects and long awaited goals suddenly become a reality. Our bathroom stays clean for hours, the pillows on the couch stay put and you can almost eat off the kitchen floor - it's that clean. Yes, I definitely look forward to the start of the school year.

So why do I feel like part of my soul goes walking out the door when they leave?

3 comments:

leadatortilla said...

Oh, I love what you wrote Rach. So well said and it brought a tears to my eyes! Seriously! I'm excited for the boys - I hope they have a great year.

Jen T said...

Wow! I don't think you could ever eat off our kitchen floor, even with all 4 gone all day. You want to come clean mine? It is hard when they leave. I am thinking of you ! Hope they have a great year!

Erin said...

I completely agree. How beautifully spoken.