Sunday, June 6, 2010

LRRH - Final Progress Log

-1 day...

Selected work-out song for final log - Shakira, Ciega, Sordomuda



2 weeks ago I sold my 80 mile ticket to my excellent neighbor - it made me feel slightly better that someone I knew and admired was taking my place.

In spite of an entire year of training down the drain, I still made the trek to Logan to cheer on my sister-in-law Mauricette, my amazing friend Lea and 2,998 other women.

I'm not going to lie - it was really rough to see all these women gearing up, rearing to go and leaving the starting line with me in the dust. I seriously wanted to put a large sign around my neck in bold letters saying, I'M ONE OF YOU!!! I was going to do this!!! It wasn't my fault! See this expanding belly?

Alas...






5 comments:

Alison said...

That training was NOT wasted! Think of all the things you'll still be able to do during this pregnancy because you started out in great shape. (I know it's still a bummer.)

Carleton & Robyn said...

Oh, I felt your pain reading this post. I just talked to a friend that ran 2 marathons being pregnant. I would love to be able to do the same-oh well.

leadatortilla said...

Great comment from Alison - I'm glad you did the training (it motivated me!) plus you are definitely that much stronger in the long run. I have a feeling this isn't the last of LRRH in the blog postings!! Thanks for all the great pics! And even though you weren't on the bike, I always think of you as "one of them"!!!

Jen T said...

I am sure that was hard! And I agree, your training wasn't wasted! It just gives you a new goal for after your little pirate is born! :) Hope you are feeling well!

Esther Yu Sumner said...

Oh Rachael,

I feel for you. What a bummer. I'm sorry, I haven't read any blogs for the longest time (except my brother's and sister's blog). I'm trying to catch up. Sounds like congrats are in order.