Sunday, May 9, 2010

Favorite Parts of Mothers Day

Here are a few glimpses of one of my favorite days of the year -

This is fantastic! I had no idea I weighed 30 pounds (woohoo!), my job is "clinging" (cleaning), and my favorite thing to do is "driv" - love it!




Let's face it - viewed from certain angles, motherhood can look pretty boring, monotonous and downright depressing sometimes. And I have to admit when I email old friends who have fabulous careers, seemingly rich-fulfilling lives, and no children, it's kind of embarrassing to write of my days carpooling to 2 separate soccer games/practices, ending fights, calming fears, negotiating battles, cleaning bathrooms (with little boys who miss frequently...), laundry, endless cooking, more cleaning, diapers, getting ready to potty train...I think anyone can lose their focus.

That's why I love this wall in my house. The phrase has tremendous significance to us over the circumstances of how our Big Guy came into our lives. And it's come to envelope us all. It's perfect.


Oh - and PS - we're expecting a 4th one in November :)


Happy Mothers Day!

20 comments:

Jennifer Woodbury said...

Congrats Rachael!! What fabulous news. Happy Mother's Day!

Kelly said...

I have only one thing to say, and as my own words are failing me, I must rely on those of Grandma: Bless Your Heart!

CONGRATS!!! That is the best news! (Send some of those baby catching vibes my way, would you?)

Love ya!

leadatortilla said...

Great post Rae!! I'm so excited to scan my mother's day card as well - gotta love seeing yourself through your children's eyes! I hope that everyone spoiled you today!

Erin said...

First of all...I'm calling you. I'm not accepting this blog announcement. :)

Love James' report. I didn't know you were such a fan of Star Wars.

I agree with motherhood...it's definitely not the most glamorous job. But, it's the greatest work we will EVER do.

Happy Mother's Day!

Alison said...

AAah~ Congratulations!
My favorite part of this post was the "mom survey". Fantastic.

kj said...

Congratulations! Hope you're feeling well!

Britt said...

I knew you weren't done having kids. Congratulations!

Jessica Brown said...

That was such a great post.

Congratulations on your fourth. I'm so happy for you. That is just so great. It brought a tear to my eye it did.

Nicole said...

Such exciting news! Four is such a good even number. Here comes two on two basketball, four legged races, and a partner for everyone at Disneyland. You're a great mother and that little person is so lucky to have been given your family.

Kristen said...

congrats on baby 4. i love how kids think- if cleaning is your favorite job you are all set.

Jen T said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! I love this post--totally agree. What a lucky little angel to get to come to your family!!! Hope you are feeling well!

duff said...

Congratulations! We have number 4 due in Oct.

Darleen said...

Ummm....I love how you threw the big news at the very end! Congratulations!! I knew there was always another one to come to your family. Fingers cross it's a girl.

Amber said...

RACHEL!!!! Congratulations! I am so, so,so happy for you! Wow, that really is so great. I can't wait to find out what you are having. How are you doing? I miss you, it seems like we haven't talked in ages. Email me your email address at amber.tarin@bluecoat.com. Congrats again!

Hillary said...

NO WAY!!! CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting, I'm really happy for you guys! I can't believe you are in the early stages of pregnancy-the exhaustion, nausea, and all that other good stuff-and training for that big bike race-you're AMAZING!

Meredith said...

Wahoo!! Fabulous news!! I hope you're feeling well.

Six-Pack Momma said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

The Checketts Glue said...

How exciting, Congratulations!
Take care, Bre

Malina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! And I love the phrase above the pictures of the kids. I think I need that too. I love the photos of my kids on a wall but the thankfulness is wonderful too. PS We're expecting in Oct! :D

Steph said...

Congrats on expecting baby number 4!