Saturday, April 10, 2010

Best Line from Conference

I love General Conference. Even though I usually only catch about 1/2 the talks - thanks to the ever present running around & noise of my little ones.

Julie Beck's talk was like my own personal revelation. Here's my favorite line.


Life is not calm for most women, and each day seems to require the accomplishment of a million things, most of which are important.


Oh my gosh. Thank you, thank you! Finally, a woman who understands priorities. That it's not simply about getting rid of those things that are not important. Because lets face it - it's all important. It's not simple.

The rest of the talk is equally fabulous and you can link to it here.

5 comments:

Erin said...

You mean Elder Holland's "blast a crater in your brain forever" wasn't your favorite? :) I love how bold he is.

I agree. It's so nice to be valued and appreciated for what us stay-at-home mom's do.

Carleton & Robyn said...

Wow. I missed that talk. I love it. I need to go back and watch it.

Jen T said...

Amen! Loved that woman's talk!

Amber said...

All of conference was so great and it seemed like so many of the talks were about motherhood. I really needed it!

Six-Pack Momma said...

It's Christie, your freshman roommate. I found your blog through Jen's and I love it!

I loved all the conference talks. So many were centered on family. They seemed to be written just for me.