Saturday, November 21, 2009

RIVALRY WEEK!




Rivalry week begins!


We need Ute jokes (disregard that fact that the “U of U” and “joke” are synonymous).

I’ll post a few of my favorites for now, and keep adding to the post until next week.

Q: What is one of the few similarities between a Utah student and a BYU student?
A: They both applied to BYU.

Q: What is the hardest part about being a Ute fan?
A: Having to tell you parents that you’re gay.

Q: Why doesn't the U have a nativity scene at Christmas?
A: They can't find 3 wise men OR a virgin.

Q: How do you get a Ute grad off your porch?
A: Pay him for the pizza.

Q: Why do University of Utah fans keep their diplomas on their dashboards?
A: So they can park in handicap spaces.

Q. What did the Utah graduate say to the BYU graduate?
A. "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order?"

Q: What's the difference between a Utah fan and a carp?
A: One is a bottom-feeding, scum sucker, and the other is a fish.

Q: What do you get when you cross a University of Utah fan and a pig?
A: Nothing. There's some things that a pig will not do.


It was reported that Utah head football coach Kyle Whittingham will only be dressing twenty players for the BYU game. The rest of the players will have to get dressed by themselves.


One day in an elementary school in Salt Lake City, UT, a teacher asks her class if the Utah Utes are their favorite football team. The whole class says yes, except for Little Lizzie.

The teacher asks, "What's your favorite football team Lizzie?"

Little Lizzie says, "The BYU Cougars "

The teacher asks, "Well, why is that?"

Little Lizzie says, "Well, my dad is a Cougar fan, my mom is a Cougar fan, I guess that makes me a Cougar fan."

The teacher angered by her reply says, "If your dad was a moron and your mom was an idiot what would that make you?"

Little Lizzie says, "Well, I guess that would make me a Utah fan."



To note - we have some very good friends / family that are Ute grads, and they are as intelligent and decent as anybody we know, but they are the exception and not the rule. :)

(BTW - this is Greg)

5 comments:

Julie said...

This comment has nothing to do with this post, but I had to say how much I love your new family picture! So cute!!

Carleton & Robyn said...

Oh my goodness. So funny! I'm going to read your jokes to Carleton right now.

leadatortilla said...

LOL!! I'm looking forward to more jokes/facts! tee hee!

Britt said...

Bradley was dancing around tonight yelling, "My team won and daddy's team lost! My team is the BEST!" It was quite funny to see a 5 year old rub it in his dad's face.

Natalie said...

Ok, Ok, Ok. I'm a Ute fan who graduated from BYU and I can honestly say that I think these jokes are funny!

Here's one to add to your list: What do you call a U of U coed in a red dress? "HEY, KOOL-AID!!"

(Sorry. I know you posted this ages ago. But I'm just now catching up...)