Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer 2009

June was blessedly cool. July was amazing! August dragged, and dragged....

Here are some summer highlights -

6:00 AM, 3 days a week, I got to swim laps here. Life is sweet.

Every morning we had jobs, homework, scripture study and a mandatory "I love you Mom". Snow cones make wonderful rewards.

We did A LOT of yardwork this summer. We're getting there....slowly.

Finally had a chance to read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Camping, parades, demolition derbys, fish and cousins.

Learning that building a food storage is A LOT more physical work than it first appears.

And dreaming big. Very big :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

Love the picture of the boys with the cheerleaders. :)

McKay Missy and Boys said...

I had great ambitions of scheduling daily chores, homework, etc. this last summer. I'm thinking that instead of daily, they occured bi-weekly. Hopefully next summer will be better.

Amber said...

Looks like lots of fun. The last picture cracks me up. The grin that they both have is priceless!

The Checketts Glue said...

Looks like a wonderful summer and I love the swimming pool picture. Beautiful and peaceful!

Staci said...

I love this post. What a great summer, huh! You never cease to amaze me with how much stuff you get done and do. Do you sleep?

Meredith said...

Sounds like a fabulous summer! Crazy that it's drawing to a close. But, it's so fun to read about all you're doing and I'm jealous of the pool and biking. Glad you're fitting in all the fun.