Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Freedom and Tea Parties




So if you've been following my blog for any length of time, you wont be surprised when I tell you that today I fully supported my city's Tea Party demonstration. It was awesome!



Greg couldn't go - but I was so thrilled to be there with my brother and my sister-in-law.

Seriously - it was amazing! So good to be out supporting the cause of freedom - our values - our principles. We were reminded that when the Boston Tea Party took place - it was December, it was snowing, and the people were out there all day. It also took years to see any kind of freedom be restored to the people. Sadly - it might take us longer...

4 comments:

Britt said...

So SO glad I could go with you! Cool! We made the news! I didn't even notice that when I watched it on the website.

What I don't like is that the Republican party is trying to use this in their favor. I don't think they understood that this isn't about political parties.

Natalie said...

Good for you! I am so glad to see these pictures. I wish I could have gone to the teaparty in our city today. But D was out of town, and didn't want to take the herd.

Erin said...

Cute pictures of you. I'm glad you guys could go. I told Dave to post on our blog about it. He said, "Oh Brittany and Rachael will trump me. I'm sure they already have it posted." He was right!

The Checketts Glue said...

Good for you!