Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunshine and Lollipops

“Lack of faith is the only thing we got to fear! If we have faith in the plans of our leaders, why, the plans will work and we’ll all have prosperity and ease and plenty. It’s the fellows who go around doubting and destroying our morale, and it’s they who’re keeping us in shortages and misery. But we’re not going to let them do it much longer, we’re here to protect the people…”

– Anonymous government representative in Atlas Shrugged

Why does the above quote bother me? Because this is exactly the feeling and rhetoric going around Washington today. If you are still thinking “so what?” well, that government depicted in Atlas Shrugged is very, very evil.

Oh, and for those of you who wish Obama the best, well, he just got his plan passed. Now my children can thank you for an estimated 80% tax rate they will be saddled with to cover this nonsense.

Have a nice day!

-Greg

5 comments:

Annie said...

Greg, I only wished Obama the best because I am tired of hearing about all the crap going on in the world and in our government...I did NOT vote for him so don't thank me for getting the tax hike for our children. Thank all those lame celebs who proclaim Obama as a god and preach their feelings every chance they get!

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachael said...

Annie – my anger was really meant for the pacifists that don’t care to know what’s going on. I know you too well and I swear none of this was directed to you.

Now is the time we need partisanship. In fact, now more than ever!

Britt said...

Amen. I know I'm supposed to 'support my leaders' but how can I support someone who is soooo wrong? I think Obama is the devil in disguise.

BTW- if you want to check out an interesting quote by Pres. Benson check out my cousins blog - formerlymustard.blogspot.com.

Natalie said...

Well said, Greg. The only way I have any hope (sorry to use such a cliche Obama buzz word) is by knowing that it will take another Regan type president to better this mess. Here's hoping Obama is only a one term president.