Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Moment of Praise

This post is dedicated to my amazing brother-in-law, David, his wife Lindsey and their darling family.


(he's the one on the far left)

Right now David is spending many long days and late nights earning his MBA in California. He and my sister-in-law have also been faithful supporters of Prop 8 and have worked hard for the campaign to protect families and marriage.

In spite of democracy and the voice of the people, my bet is things will get a lot worse (if they even get better). Since the passing of Prop 8 David and his family have gone through very difficult days of personal slurs, window bashing, protests, direct targets at his graduate program, etc.

They don't complain. They hold true to what they believe.

They are amazing! We miss you guys and look forward to seeing you soon.

5 comments:

Erin said...

That's too bad. I'm glad they are standing their ground. I find it kind of hypocritical..."they" don't like being segregated so they are doing it to others. I'm so tired of all this.

Erin said...

Sign of the times...

Amber said...

Good for them!

Britt said...

I've heard lots of stories like theirs. Hang in there and I'm glad they are sticking to their beliefs and values.

Lindsay said...

Aww Rach, you are awesome - you make us sound so heroic! We're doing good and our neighbore are really nice, so I haven't encountered anything, but people we know and stories we've heard. And also David feeling outnumbered at school, but really we're doing great! (Read more on my last post!)