Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So Honey...How Was Your Day?


I don't know if all women are like this, but I love hearing about Greg's day at work. I love the details of his projects, the business, the drama, the politics. Every evening I try to grab at least 10-15 minutes of alone time so we can reconnect.

Years ago at a company Christmas party, I'm fairly certain I got one of Greg's co-workers in trouble with his wife because I started discussing the details of a specific project they were pushing through funding. (We were seated at the same round table - so really - what else was I going to talk about?) After several awkward pauses between the husband and wife and a whispered, Why don't I know this stuff about your work?!, I pretty much shut up.

Anyway, with Greg's new position starting, I was so excited to get the feedback after his first day, and especially after the first full week.

Within two sentences Greg had included the following words - nuclear, President of the United States, EMP, Golden Eye, and Jack Bauer.

Wow!...this is going to be good...

BTW - don't ask Greg what he does. He can't tell you.

6 comments:

Ashlee and Bill said...

Sounds exciting! I'm with you, I like knowing what's going on, the who, what and where of his day.

Hillary said...

I always thought he was sort of a financial kind of guy-I didn't realize he was a super secret spy! How exciting!!!

Britt said...

I ask Spencer about his day and he usually says, "It was fine, same old stuff." Occasionally he'll have a really good story to tell. Talking to Greg about work is going to get boring when he can't tell you anything.

BTW-Bradley did not draw James in that picture. James and Andrew are on another paper.

leadatortilla said...

Loved this entry... I'm so glad you are back in our neck of the woods!

KMDuff said...

:) Sounds like a fun new job! I also like to know what's going on. :)

kj said...

Very cool. I want 15 minutes with Greg every day to know the details too...