Monday, September 1, 2008

Remembering Summer 2008

Labor Day always seems to signal the close of summer. And while I love the coming fall, I will miss my family's unlimited summer playtime. Here are some images that captured the essence of our MacKinnon summer.

Getting familiar with eating outdoors in many different locations.


My Big Guy spending hours writing letters to friends and cousins - did you get one??


We picked enough berries to get us through another Connecticut winter. Only to discover at the end of it all - we're moving too far to carry these with us. Anyone want a bag??


Mowing, mowing and more mowing of our biggest yard ever. But reaping great fun in the process.

Lots of practice working together.


Becoming splattered in the rewards of homemade fingerpaints that were SO easy to clean up.


Yet another lesson that appearances can be deceiving.


Finding out how good our toes tasted.


And running from the law...

7 comments:

Meredith said...

haha... I love the pictures. If you're serious, I'd love to take some of those fabulous berries off your hands.

are you too busy for a little Coromandel before you go?

Steph said...

Summer was tonz of fun. I'm sad that it is coming to an end. I would love some strawberries if your giving them away.

KMDuff said...

I think you need to try canning your own jam to take some of that produce with you! Yummy!

MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

Hey great idea about the Coromandel lunch. Let me know if you go . . .

and I'll gladly take some frozen berries from you.

Amanda said...

I love the last picture! I can't believe you guys are moving! I happy for you of course - but so sad to see you go!

The Checketts Glue said...

I will miss you in Joy School, you had so many ideas and I was excited to get to know you better. Looks like you had a wonderful summer, I wish you luck with the next chapter of your families life. I'll look forward to your posts to come.
If you do have extra blue berries I would love to have some.
Thanks, Bre

jennifer woodbury said...

You definitely took advantage of this summer! That last picture is priceless. We should definitely plan a group lunch before you head out!