Sunday, September 14, 2008

Moving Time

My house is a disaster area right now. Boxes, junk and hundreds of separate piles that keep growing.

I hate having a messy kitchen.

Patience, patience...

Here's a few things we'll be missing most from the Gold Coast

  • The beach - all beaches - here, Long Island, Brooklyn, etc.
  • Humidity - lovely on evening walks.
  • Trees
  • Stew Leonards - the coolest grocery store ever.
  • Church friends
  • Trader Joe's
  • My Mom-to-Mom group
  • Griebs Pharmacy
  • Our quiet loop street
  • The Davis family, the Timothy family and my in-laws in Vermont
  • Rocky - our groundhog
  • Liberal fanatics - Let's be frank, they aren't this much fun in the west :)
  • Berry picking
  • Aquariums
  • Historic sites
  • The view from New Haven bay - looking outward
  • Wavenly Park
  • The Joseph Smith Memorial
  • The Merritt (seriously, when will we drive on such a beautiful freeway again?)
  • My neighborhood book group
  • Coromandel, The Brewhouse, Chings, Los Cabos, Ted's, Bart's Drive-in and Lui-Lui
  • The 3 annoying (yet so entertaining) wild turkeys that for some reason haven't been run over yet in downtown Darien.
  • Yale
  • Quick train & car access to Manhattan
  • New London county

Of course, there are many more things we will not miss. But we'll keep to the positive for now.

Some of you may have noticed I've become a little "blogger crazy" lately. Since the days of Life on the Gold Coast are numbered, I wanted to record as much as possible before I close down. So don't fear - we'll go back to our old, boring selves in about 5 more days...

6 comments:

kj said...

Yes! Those things are wonderful things to miss! I think I would only add autumn in the East.

MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

Great list . . and have I mentioned that we will miss you??

Hillary said...

You'll have one ward friend back once you're out this way. I hope when you guys are out here that we can get together! I miss the beach like CRAZY!!! And I love the wild turkeys that are always out on the Merritt, I miss those too.

Carleton & Robyn said...

Moving is always a pain but once you get into a routine and get to know people you'll love it. I'm excited for you guys.

Maren said...

The East is so great! We would love to move out that direction! Good for you for making the most of your last days there!

julie said...

I can't believe you are moving. You now need to make another list. The positives of moving, like:

Near family
affordable
people are nice
3 month winter compared to 6 months
lot's and lot's of members...

You're gonna love it! OR maybe I should move...? :)