I hate having a messy kitchen.
Here's a few things we'll be missing most from the Gold Coast
- The beach - all beaches - here, Long Island, Brooklyn, etc.
- Humidity - lovely on evening walks.
- Stew Leonards - the coolest grocery store ever.
- Church friends
- Trader Joe's
- My Mom-to-Mom group
- Griebs Pharmacy
- Our quiet loop street
- The Davis family, the Timothy family and my in-laws in Vermont
- Rocky - our groundhog
- Liberal fanatics - Let's be frank, they aren't this much fun in the west :)
- Berry picking
- Historic sites
- The view from New Haven bay - looking outward
- Wavenly Park
- The Joseph Smith Memorial
- The Merritt (seriously, when will we drive on such a beautiful freeway again?)
- My neighborhood book group
- Coromandel, The Brewhouse, Chings, Los Cabos, Ted's, Bart's Drive-in and Lui-Lui
- The 3 annoying (yet so entertaining) wild turkeys that for some reason haven't been run over yet in downtown Darien.
- Quick train & car access to Manhattan
- New London county
Of course, there are many more things we will not miss. But we'll keep to the positive for now.
Some of you may have noticed I've become a little "blogger crazy" lately. Since the days of Life on the Gold Coast are numbered, I wanted to record as much as possible before I close down. So don't fear - we'll go back to our old, boring selves in about 5 more days...