Friday, August 8, 2008

Clare and John's Quick Visit


We had a fabulous time this week with Clare and John visiting us from Maryland. They are expecting their first child in February and I think we gave them a serious crash course on what it will be like to be parents.

We ate dinner at our favorite tex-mex place and our kids were exceptionally well behaved the entire meal. I didn't have the heart to break it to them that it isn't always this good...


Aside from that, it was great to see Clare. We met as juniors at Charlottesville High School and we've been friends ever since. She's brilliant, an amazing swimmer, international traveler extraordinaire, compassionate and beautiful! (And John's not bad either...)

Cannot wait to come see you guys in DC next year.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Whoa! Hold the reins! There's good Tex-Mex in Connecticut? We're so there! I need details! I've found lots of food that I love in CT but so far, nothing to satisfy that fresh Mexican flare. You'll have to give me details.

Glad that you had a good visit with Clare. And, I must say, just one minute of being around Lizzie is enough to convince anyone that motherhood is divine. Not that James and Andrew don't give those same feelings...Lizzie is just...special.