Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Week, Another Beach

This week the troops and I decided to leave our regular city beach behind and try something bold and daring - like the Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven. I knew I had hit on something good when we saw the view.


And then we passed a Revolutionary War fort and battlefield site. Historical scenes AND something for my kids to do? This was my kind of beach.



Sadly - I neglected to get a shot of the actual lighthouse itself. There are 2 of them - the original and the replacement - both beautiful.

We spent several hours splashing around the water park. Loved being there with Kristen and Meredith!





We drove home cool, calm and exhausted...


5 comments:

Kristen and Shawn said...

we did have such a fun time! Thanks for coming.

KMDuff said...

Looks like so much fun! Lighthouses are really cool, and a beach with a splash park? That's fun!

Chrissie said...

You have a beautiful family! I hope you guys love your watermelon popsicles way over there in Connecticut.
Love to you,
Chrissie from flipflops and applesauce

Britt said...

Love the sunglasses. Can't get much cooler than that.:) And Lizzie is getting so big! You look great.

Hillary said...

Oh, that sounds like a great time. Maybe if you guys are up for another trip up there next week, we could all go up together. I've been wanting to get up there.