Monday, April 21, 2008

A Quiet Grove and the Raging Falls

We had a lovely vacation weekend spent with the Davis family in up-state New York. It was beautiful!!
Can you see those bars they call a 'fence'? And do you see how close we are to the drop off? Yep - parental nightmares before your eyes. Greg and I were pretty much on maximum heightened alert parenting mode the whole time there.

The weather was spectacular - no humidity, no pageant crowds, low amount of bugs, and lots of sunshine.
The highlight for me was Palmyra - I love the Sacred Grove.


Well behaved, calm, focused - completely appropriate for the setting...

But at least some things sunk in and made an impression (in spite of the mosquitos)...

video

But I think the kids favorite activity was the crazy swimming time and 4 large FREE pizzas from Papa Johns (sigh!)

PS - We had the incredible luck of running into our dear friends - the Kellys - just as we pulled up to the Visitors Center. Amazing!! So good to see familiar faces from our favorite street in Utah.

10 comments:

Chad and Sara said...

We want to go there so bad!!! Chad is completely obssesed with church history. I am so glad you guys were able to go on a trip together. Looks like you had such a blast.

Lindsay said...

I haven't read your blog in so long and I can't even catch up! You are much better at blogging than us! Fun trips you guys have had, and the kids look so cute in matching clothes with their cousins!

The Tarin's said...

Don't you just love Upstate NY! I have been there numerous times and love it more and more. Even more so after reading W&G series. I am glad you had such a great time.

Staci said...

What a stroke of luck! The Kelly's! Was that Niagara Falls or some other raging falls? We went there last year and it was cool but boy a lot of walking and FREEZING.

Britt said...

Wow! I've never been there and it looks beautiful. I especially love the video of James swatting mosquitos while trying to answer gospel questions. If you live where I do, you forget the talking and run like mad to the indoors when the mosquitos come. I'm glad you had fun!

Natalie said...

What a fun trip! Yeah, that fence made me nervous just looking at it. Love the pic of the kids making silly faces.

Jessica Brown said...

Thats so fun that you and Kel live so close to each other. It's so nice to live by family. What a fun trip!

Heather said...

Amy told us you ran into each other...what are the odds of that happening? I love your pictures..looks like you guys had a great time. I've always wanted to visit the Sacred Grove. Miss you!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I've never been to upstate NY and would love to go sometime. Maybe sometime after the baby is born McKay and I can make a trip and visit you guys.

As happy as I am that we don't have to move we would have loved living close to your family!

The Parkers said...

Oh, I got a panic attack just looking at that waterfall picture!