Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Sweet Husband

My wonderful husband has a knack for picking out the perfect gift for special occasions. Sometimes he spends a lot - but most times it's pretty minimal - and it just makes me incredibly happy. It all started Freshman year at BYU when he bought me the softest wool socks for my birthday. It's a long story and it might sound really pathetic to those who don't know us - but those out there who do - you'll know where we're coming from.

My Cute Husband

This Valentines Day was no exception. Knowing I've been trying hard to lose baby #3 weight, he surprised me with a carton full of delicious strawberries and decadent dipping chocolate. It was like enjoying my diet without the guilt. Probably doesn't make a lot of sense... but I LOVED it!!


7 comments:

Natalie aka Moody Blogger said...

That is a great gift. Healthy and sweet at the same time. I love the updated pics on the sidebar too.

Kelly said...

I still remember when Greg gave you those socks! Enjoy your strawberries!

Staci Carroll said...

It's a sign that he loves you just the way you are. The best kind of gesture.

I love you just the way you are too. Of course, you always look FABULOUS.

KMDuff said...

What a nice thoughtful yummy gift. :)

McKay Missy and Boys said...

It always makes a gift that much sweeter when you know that a lot of thought and consideration has gone in to it. Strawberries and chocolate sound so yummy!

The Tarin's said...

What a good guy! I love heart felt gifts like that, especially when they involve chocolate!

Esther said...

That is a great gift!

I have to share one of mine because it reminds me of your warm socks.

My favorite valentines gift was red mittens that J got me when we first started dating. I had gloves for snowshoeing that I thought were perfectly fine, but he thought they weren't warm enough. And boy, was he right. The red ones he go tme are so warm, and since they're red, I always remember they were a thoughful surprise valentines gift when I put them on to snowshoe.