Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Gold Coast Housing

Here's a house back home that costs $ and looks like this -





Now here's a house on the Gold Coast that costs $$$$ and looks like this -





Did you count those $ signs? Exactly - the house above is 4x as much as the one at home. And did I mention it's rare to find a house with AC? And don't get me started about sq footage. So one day...maybe Greg and I could buy the white picket fence out front...or those delightful colored green shutters. That will always be the dream...

Didn't someone famous say something about how it doesn't matter where you live - home is where your family lives? It's a dang good thing because if Gold Coast housing represented my feelings for family, we'd all be drenched in mold, crumbling away in cramped corners with single panned windows exposed to the ravages of humidity in July.

PS - Come stay with us soon! Mid-summer is a lovely time to stop by.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

I guess this puts our desire to buy a home in perspective for me. Thanks Rachael. Man! Maybe a trailer park wouldn't be so bad . . .

Heather said...

You could always come back!!! :)

Kelly said...

Amazing what a difference an hour further east makes in the cost of housing. (Thankfully, for us). Those cost comparisons are just depressing.

Chad and Sara said...

I am hoping to move to the midwest when Chad gets a job so we can afford a house but he really wants to move to DC area so who knows. Hope the housing market gets better for you. How long are you guys going to live there?

Natalie aka Moody Blogger said...

I know. I know. Doesn't it make you sick?

The Parkers said...

But could you drive from that $ house to the beach? Or NY city? or to MY house?! No way. There are real advantages to paying through the nose for peeling vinyl and flooding basements.

KMDuff said...

Move to TX. It's cheaper here. :) LOL. Great post.

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Now you have me a little worried when you say that many homes don't have AC. I guess I've been spoiled living out west.

Jessica Brown said...

Rae, I can completely relate! House hunting is the exact same story in Seattle. I hate it. Good news: We finally found a home we could afford.

Bad News: It's a double wide.