Saturday, January 26, 2008

Desert Island Questions....

I've been meaning to post this topic for awhile. I'm such a "what if" and "list" person so these questions are right up my alley.

TOP 5 BOOKS ON A DESERT ISLAND
1 - How Green Was My Valley - Richard Llewellyn
2 - Cold Sassy Tree - Olive Ann Burns
3 - Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
4 - The Bronze Bow - Elizabeth George Speare
5 - Book of Mormon

TOP 5 MOVIES ON A DESERT ISLAND
1 - Pride & Prejudice (A&E Production)
2 - Lord of the Rings trilogy
3 - The Office Season 2
4 - Sense and Sensibility (Emma Thompson version)
5 - Star Wars Original Trilogy

TOP 5 PEOPLE TO BE WITH YOU ON A DESERT ISLAND
(no immediate family allowed)

1 - MacGyver
2 - Jack Bauer
3 - Dwight Shrute
4 - Jane Austen
5 - Brigham Young



Anyone is welcomed to take this and run with it on their blog - but I'd like to specifically target Erin, Brit, Kelly and Staci. Can't wait to read what you post.

7 comments:

Hillary said...

MacGyver and Jack Bauer would be awesome ones to be stranded with on a desert island, you wouldn't be stranded too long, I would think. Dwight would also be great protection! :)

Hope you don't mind me checking out your blog, I linked to it from a comment you left on the Parker's a while ago.

Britt said...

So is this like a tag? Do I have to do 2 now? Maybe I'll combine them into one. I never knew you liked star wars so much.

Brooke said...

A really fun post. I've read all of your books (and loved them) except for How Green Is My Valley. I'll have to read it. I think Jack Bauer and Dwight were also great choices, and I think I would definitely have to bring some Office episodes to my island as well.

galofab4 said...

I'll have to read the books you've listed. I'm always looking for a good one. I'm currently reading His Dark Materials Trilogy. Just finished The Golden Compass. Not quite sure about it yet.

Staci Carroll said...

Wow. My list will be drastically different. No Jane Austen. He, he. I have a couple of posts I want to write before this, but I will create my list soon.

PS Who's Jack Bauer?

Natalie aka Moody Blogger said...

You picked the perfect 5 people to take with you! There's no way you're going to get lost or die on that island :)

Brent and Lori said...

Rachael! I just found your blog. The desert isle list made me laugh outloud. Can I have MacGyver AND Brother Young? Protection and self-reliance WITH wide roads! What a combo!