Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cleaning Up Leaves in January

No, we're not lazy. We just wanted to make sure EVERY leaf had completely fallen from the trees before we gathered them up from our lawn. And if that happened to include potential new, budding leaves on the tree for next spring - so be it - we were just being thoroughly efficient.



We ran into problems when a certain someone wearing a red coat decided to steal the leaves back and not keep them in the designated piles. Fortunately, I had my camera handy and the culprit was captured on film in the background.



In order to provide as much evidence as possible for the suspecting thief, we also got a few shots with the video camera. Little did we know he had an accomplice....



8 comments:

Kelly said...

My favorite part of this video is Rachael saying, "no guys, this is not the plan."

Like they care!

ha ha ha ha. Very cute.

Britt said...

Wow! I can't believe you can even rake leaves in January. We just got dumped with a foot of snow.

I like the boys hiding spot for the leaves. Bradley helps in a similar ways.

Natalie aka Moody Blogger said...

So cute. Un-raking leaves seems to be more fun than raking them!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

I totally agree with not raking up the leaves until they have ALL fallen from the tree.

Erin said...

This cracked me up! Andrew is so funny. I guess I've been thinking about it alot for some reason because last night I had a dream about raking leaves. Maybe I'm just wishing it wasn't the dead of winter here. :)

Brooke said...

So funny. I love how they are both walking with such purpose and direction. They had a great plan.

Chad and Sara said...

Its been way to cold and snowy in Utah! I haven't seen a leaf or grass in well over a month so lucky you!

The Tarin's said...

Look at how big your boys are now! I can't believe it, they grow so fast.