Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our Attempt to Showcase Perfect Children

Christmas around our house means new jammies. This year was a treat for us - I bought these back in July and I've been waiting, sneaking them away in our cellar until just the right moment.

Isn't it funny how you take photographs, trying to display to the world your idealized family? Where love, joy and peace are always present? Nobody seeing the final photograph would think anything wanting. My bet is they never see the shots that dont make the final cut.

So here you go - our best pictures and a few that didn't quite make it. It's also the quickest visual explanation of how things can change so quickly in our house...


Here's the LOVE




Here's the JOY






Here's A hitting E




And here's the end


7 comments:

Chad and Sara said...

Those are such cute pj's. That was always one of my favorite parts of Christmas. Your kids look so cute. Have a Merry Christmas and you'll be missed.

Kelly said...

Do you ever marvel at the truth of "opposition in ALL things?" What would make life easier for me would be to just expect it and embrace it. You're good at that, Rae.

P.S. Do the p.j.'s have a little opening up flap in the back?

Rachael said...

Yes - the jammies have those darling little pockets over the bottoms that open. Love it! If only my 2yr old and 3 month old could take advantage of it :)

Jessica Brown said...

Those PJs are so cute Rae! I think pure happiness when I look at those pictures the top two, and then pure reality at the last! I love it.

Moody Blogger said...

I'm so glad this happens in other households too.

Brooke said...

Rachael, your blog is so fun to read. Those pictures are classic, as well as those darling jammies. There is nothing like siblings!

The Tarin's said...

Look at your cute little family! They are all so adorable. How is it having a little girl now?